My Cart

 x 

Cart empty

Pesticides are a real threat!


How healthy are your fruit and vegetables? There has been a lot of news regarding our five a day being sprayed with pesticides. This can not only cause toxins which make you sick, but also kill bees and harms the environment. Unfortunately the demise of bees, is setting in motion a devastating chain reaction.


Bees Dying , will change the World we know and live in!
"Once the bee disappears from the earth, man has only four years left to live. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more humans, "physicist Albert Einstein once said. A large part of our agricultural process depends upon on plants pollen being spread by other insects, therefore they cannot procreate without the bees, meaning there would be no more much needed plant based foods.

The population of bee colonies has declined by about 30% in recent years. Due to pressure from environmental organisations, beekeepers and consumers, the EU banned the use of three particularly dangerous pesticides in April 2013 - but only for a period of 24 months. However this is still very much an ongoing battle.

In an investigation commissioned by Greenpeace in 2010, it emerged that nearly 80 percent of typically grown fruit and over 55 percent of vegetables contain traces of pesticides. This is a shocking result, because pesticides can cause allergies damaging our DNA and in some cases cause cancer. Pesticides are literally a form of poison and these findings are still relevant 8 years on.

Produce found to be particularly high in pesticides; according to the Ministry of Agriculture; are apples, grapes, celery and spinach. Therefore be mindful of this when buying these types specifically, but as a rule always wash your fruit and vegetables preferably in filtered water.

We know organic is better - for humans, animals and the planet! I guess we need to question, why we use so many toxins, knowing these facts?

According to the Federal Environment Agency alone, about 35,000 tonnes of vegetation are sprayed annually in countries like Germany alone. Is that really necessary?

According to a study by Greenpeace, if we completely switched and concentrated on organic farming, the use of chemical pesticides would eventually become a thing of the past. There are also sophisticated techniques that organic farmers can employ during harvest, to provide a natural alternative to pesticides and in return, help the bees stay alive.

The “environment of ecologically” of farms managed in this manner, is up to six times higher than that of conventionally cultivated farms. Even better, 87% of the organic fruit and vegetables are completely pesticide-free. Unfortunately, there are still minimal traces in the remaining 13% and this occurrence is due to strong storms or rainfall lasting several days, which in rare cases can spread the poison sprayed on conventional fields for several kilometres.

In short, to help the environment and our own wellbeing we need to buy organic as much as possible.


0
0
0
s2sdefault