Are you are always helping everyone else? What do you do for yourself on a daily basis? How much time do you put into you and how much time to give to others? If the balance swings more towards the latter then you are not practising Self Love.
What is Self Love?
Self love is the ability to guide yourself in a positive direction. It’s accepting you for who you are, respecting and appreciating yourself and knowing that you are valuable and truly worthy of happiness. The love for self is unconditional and it is this type of love that enables us to free ourselves from anxiety, stress, pain and suffering and when faced with difficult situations it is about responding to yourself with kindness and compassion and taking optimistic steps to rectify them. Self love is not selfish or egotistical it’s being true to who you are and taking the steps to create the best possible outcomes in your life. In order to achieve this you must put yourself and your needs first.
How can you move forward in life’s traffic jam if you keep letting people go in front of you?
As much as people may need you; children, partner, parents, family, friends; and although it is nice to be the reliable person for others, if you spend more time focussing on them than you, then you are actually suffering because of it. Taking time to focus on others takes time away from focusing on yourself and if you are not where you want to be right now doing this will just set you back. Also if your health deteriorates what good are you to anyone?
Putting yourself first enables you to be at your best in order to help others. Remember you can give 100% more to people when you are in a position to do so. Until you learn this then you will always be wondering why life is not going the way you want it to, or why you can never get the focus required to fulfil YOUR goals or why you always get so close but never quite hit the mark.
So what is the solution I here you ask?
The practice of Self Love must happen daily! We don’t profess to have all the answers but here are 10 examples of some of the things we do at MamaSia.
- Meditate: Take time to clear you mind, free yourself from your thoughts and just be still.
- Develop a bond with your soul: Listen to your intuition, your inner voice, not the judgemental voice in your head, but voice that only has your best interests at heart.
- Say positive affirmations daily: I am strong, I am beautiful, I am happy etc…
- Say thank You: Find something to be grateful for everyday.
- Think about the things you ingest: Try to plan more nourishing, healthy meals into your diet – processed foods can have a huge effect on our mood. Make sure you have a healthy water intake, remember our bodies are 70% water and dehydration can affect our whole body. MamaSia is always a on hand to provide extra nutritional benefits for your wellbeing such as our Baobab and Moringa, both found to be packed with antioxidants, nutrients, Iron, Calcium multivitamins and more.
- Exercise regularly: Even if it’s just 10 minutes of raising your heart rate a day, this will have a positive effect on your thinking.
- Take time to think: About how you would like your life to be and write it down as if you have already achieved it. Then make the changes in your life to do so – easier said than done, I know, but things like a vision board and goal setting can help you to focus.
- Try something new: Get creative or follow your passion, this gives you a sense of achievement which in turn can enhance your positivity
- Connect with nature: The planet has so much to offer and can really create a feel-good factor when you are feeling low – even just going to the park and breathing the fresh air amongst the trees can do wonders.
- End toxic relationships: No one likes saying goodbye, however if there are relationships in your life that do not serve you positively and If someone brings you down constantly, it may be time to let that person go. Through self-love you will have the opportunity to explore your worth and as a result those that don’t support your new growth authentically do not deserve to be a part of your life.
February may be the month of Love but remember you cannot truly love someone else if you do not love yourself.
So, we urge that on Valentine’s day you take the time to do something for yourself, but really you should try to do this daily!
With Love from MamaSia x