Collection of information
- Essential Operational: Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Services. For example, they are required to help you access secure areas (such as your account pages) and to use features like our shopping basket.
- Performance and Functionality: Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of our Services. For example, cookies help us identify you or your device when you come back to our Service so that you do not have to login to see your shopping basket.
- Analytics and Customisation: We use analytics and customisation cookies, including third party cookies, to gather information on how our Services are being used by our visitors and to measure how popular our marketing campaigns are. We use the data we get to help customise our Services for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible. We also use the date we collect to help identify and prevent fraud, and to track visits from our affiliates or partners.
Use of your personal information
We may use the information we collect about you (unless otherwise restricted by law) to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request,
- Confirm and track your order,
- Respond to your comments, inquiries and requests,
- Compare and review your information for errors, omissions and accuracy,
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse,
- Provide and improve our services and product offerings, and develop new ones,
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience,
- Identify your product and service preferences,
- Offer you personalised content, including by providing customised content and advertising, which may be on our Site, other websites, mobile devices or applications, or other channels (whether online or offline),
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behaviour,
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions,
- Process or respond to your application for current or future career opportunities,
- Contact you regarding products and services (of MamaSia or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you,
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and MamaSia's policies and procedures, and
- Other uses with your consent. We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through cookies and other technologies, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties. We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our services and products. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us as described in the "Submissions" section of our Terms and Conditions page.
Information that we may share with others
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, such as lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or situations involving potential violations of our Terms and Conditions or other policies;
- to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction; and
- to enforce any agreement we have with you. Business Transfer: Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership (or in due diligence leading up to any acquisition), in which case information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company. Aggregate Information: We may, and we may authorise third parties to, create aggregate records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information identifiable. We may use and disclose, and authorise third parties to use and disclose, aggregate non-personal information at our discretion.
We utilise a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Where permitted by applicable law, we want to communicate with you on our marketing initiatives, but only if you want to continue to hear from us. To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: select "unsubscribe" on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional emails Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of data collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law.
Data protection act in accordance with EU
If you are a customer or website visitor in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, the following, additional information is relevant to you. MamaSia is the data controller of your personal information for purposes of the EU General data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). All customer orders are processed exclusively by MamaSia, We only process your personal information if you have consented to such processing or, to the extent that it is necessary (i) for the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with us; (ii) to comply with our legal obligations; or (iii) for the purpose of our legitimate interests, including operating, evaluating and improving our global business. As required under the GDPR, we have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your data protection rights. Your personal information will be hosted in and managed from the UK, where MamaSia, is based. The law in the UK may not offer the same level of privacy and data protection as the law in your home country. We will rely on MamaSia’s need of your personal information for the performance of our contract with you for this transfer to the United States . When your personal information is transferred to (or accessed from) other countries outside the EEA for which the European Commission has not issued an adequacy decision, we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information remains protected. This may include data transfer agreements, a copy of which you can obtain by contacting us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. In general we will store your personal information as long as the information is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it (as explained in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section). You have the right to request access to the personal information that we process about you, to have your personal information corrected or erased, to restrict the processing of your personal information, as well as the right to data portability (certain of these rights are subject to our obligation to verify your identify). To exercise these rights, you should submit a written request using the contact details set out below. If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your request, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your home country. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing that has happened based on your consent prior to the withdrawal. You also have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal information which is based on MamaSia legitimate interests, provided that we may retain your personal information for certain compelling purposes such as legal, auditing, accounting and billing purposes. Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing, including for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal information for such purposes.